Healthy Chocolate Paleo Cookies
I have had a shocking sweet tooth lately. I attempted to try some sugar free lollies whilst we were away but they wreaked havoc on my digestion system. As soon as I got home last week I got stuck into the kitchen and started baking again.
My new baking loves are organic coconut oil and raw organic cacao powder. The organic oil is not hydrogenated, free from fatty trans acids and is so good for you. The organic cacao powder is a super food which will give you that extra boost when your energy levels are dropping.
These biscuits work out to be 86 calories each.
Don’t be fooled by their small stature, one with a herbal tea will easily keep you going for a couple of hours.
What you need
- 220 gm almond meal.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 70gm organic coconut oil.
- 50gm natvia or 1 tsp organic stevia powder.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- 60gm raw cacao powder.
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven 180C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt coconut oil in thermomix, 60C, Speed 3 for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix for 20 seconds, Speed 4.
- Roll into small balls (approx 1 tablespoon of mixture per ball).
- Flatten balls with fork.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt coconut oil on stove.
- Add your dry ingredients and egg, mix until combined.
- Follow as above from step 4.
The perfect 3 o’clock pick me up.