So I arrived home from balmy Bali on Monday night to a bitterly cold Perth.
Jesus H Christ.
But what an amazing adventure the past month has been!
I spent the last few days in Bali with a girlfriend, and we had a ball. Both our little girls are just 4 days apart, and we lived up our child free days. Shopping, long walks, shopping, tattoos (her not me), shopping, cocktails, beautiful food and sleep ins. Repeat.
But as usual I always get post holiday blues when I return home. So this time around I’ve changed it up a bit. To break up my bad mood I divided being back at home into positives and negatives.
- A sexy HB picking me up from the airport holding a silly ‘VIP’ sign with my name on it.
- Being greeted at the door with a million cuddles and kisses from Maggie.
- My first hot shower in days.
- Swallowing shower water without panicking.
- Brushing my teeth with tap water for the first time in a month
- My first glass of decent wine in a month.
- Gaining only 200gms in 4 + weeks, when it felt like 5 kgs.
- Missing a month of Winter. Booyah!
- HB picking me up and announcing he had cooked Nasi Goreng for dinner.
- After a month of eating rice, rice and more rice, I don’t think I hid my disappointment well.
- Freezing fucking cold and going out spending $1200 bucks on a heater.
- Preparing your own lunch for the first time in a month.
- Changing a nappy for the first time in days.
- Checking out my credit card statement online with HB looking over my shoulder.
- He did not look or sound sexy at all then.
Yeah I know. Suck it up, right?