Raspberry & Coconut Slice Recipe
This slice is so retro it brings back memories of weekend baking with my Mum. I was never fond of jam on it’s own or in a sandwich, but I loved this slice. I have converted it to be grain free, dairy free and gluten free. The base is a combination of almond meal and coconut flour which gives it a softer texture than the original version.
It didn’t last long at our house, and it went down a treat.
(makes approx 20 squares)
- 2 cups almond meal (220gms)
- 90gms melted organic coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (30gms)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded coconut (100gms)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (65 gms)
- Pre-heat oven to 180c and line a slice tin.
- Add coconut oil to TM bowl and melt for 2 mins, 60C on Sp 1.
- Add rest of base ingredients and mix for 20 seconds on Sp 4.
- Press dough into slice tin.
- Prick base several times with a fork.
- Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown.
- Cover base with a generous topping of good quality raspberry jam.
- Add coconut sugar, shredded coconut and eggs to TM bowl, mix on reverse, Sp 2 for 20 seconds.
- Sprinkle topping over jam.
- Bake for a further 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in tin.