Cuisine Companion Butter Chicken Recipe
This post has been written as part of my involvement with the Tefal Cuisine Companion Club.
A few weeks ago the Tefal Cuisine Companion joined our family and now sits proudly on our tiny apartment kitchen bench. I have been using my Thermomix for the past 3.5 years, but I am finding myself reaching for the Cuisine Companion more and more each day.
What do I love about the Tefal Cuisine Companion so far?
- It’s so much QUIETER
- Much more functions and capabilities
- It browns the meat
- Can cook at a higher temperature
- Larger bowl
- The slow cooker function is just perfect for cooking family meals.
This easy and delicious butter chicken recipe will be ready and on the table in 25 minutes. It is very mild and my girls love it. Best of all it contains no hidden preservatives, you make it from scratch and it tastes amazing.
This recipe is Paleo friendly.
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 red capsicum deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 cm cube of fresh ginger peeled
- 50 mls organic melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tsps ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 700gms free range chicken thigh fillets chopped into bite sized pieces
- 270 ml tin organic coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- freshly chopped coriander to garnish
- Chop onion, garlic, ginger and capsicum using the Ultrablade on Speed 12 for 10 seconds.
- Replace Ultrablade knife with mixer blade.
- Add coconut oil and launch the P1 slow cook program (130C, 5mins).
- Add spices through the top whilst sauteeing.
- When the 5 minutes has completed, add the tomato paste, coconut cream, chicken pieces, lemon juice and launch the P3 slow cook program (95C, 20 minutes).
- Garnish with corinader.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or steamed vegetables.
- Paleo friendly.