It was HB’s birthday yesterday and this raw chocolate ganache tart was all he asked for.
I completely understand it because it is OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Yup, it’s really that good and it’s high time I shared it with y’all.
I have been making this raw chocolate ganache tart all year for special celebrations and I had saved the recipe for a special raw recipes e-book special, but to be honest I think the blogging world is a little bit over e-books. I know I’m all free e-booked out.
It is super simple to make and what’s even better is that it is good for you (in moderation). I like to use roasted almonds in the tart base because it adds a delicious crunch to it, but you can substitute it for whole blanched almonds or almond meal if you like.
This recipe is free from grains, gluten, dairy and refined sugars. It is also paleo and vegan-friendly. I use my Tefal Cuisine Companion to make it. Alternatively you could use a high powered good quality blender or food processor.
Raw Chocolate Ganache Tart
- 6 large medjool dates softened in warm water for 5 minutes.
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup organic coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup melted organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Add base ingredients to bowl with kneading/crushing blade attached and blitz until sticky Speed 12 for 20-30seconds.
- Press into non-stick flan tin and freeze.
- Add chia to coconut cream, stir and set aside.
- Rinse and drain cashews.
- Add ingredients to clean and dry bowl with kneading/crushing blade and mix on Speed 12 for 30 seconds.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and repeat last step 4-5 times and mixture is smooth.
- Pour onto the base.
- Sprinkle on the cacao nibs.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.